Cranberry Shrimp Cocktail
Contributed by: News Canada
- 48 cooked medium shelled deveined shrimp with tails left on (about 1 lb/500g)
- 1 can Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce (398ml)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (125ml)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion (30ml)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (30ml)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (30ml)
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish (5 ml)
Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until onion is tender and sauce thickens slightly, stirring frequently. Cool.
Fill a large bowl with crushed ice; place bowl of cocktail sauce in centre of ice. Arrange shrimp on ice around bowl of sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 12 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Cal 113 (6%DV), Fat Cal. 4, Pro. 8g (16%DV), Carb. 17g (6%DV), Fat 0.5g (1%DV), Chol. 74mg (25%DV), Sod. 421mg (18%DV), Vit. A 58RE (8%DV), Vit. C 2mg (3%DV), Vit. E 0.2mg (1%DV), Calcium 17mg (2%DV), Iron 1mg (7%DV), Folate 2Ug (1%DV), Zinc <1mg (4%DV), Pot. 85mg (2%DV), Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1, Meat 1