Banana Yogourt Muffins
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - It's hard enough to prepare healthy meals each day and finding snacks you feel good about can be even more difficult! Enjoy this delicious, moist recipe at home for breakfast, or as a snack on the go and experience the benefits of wholesome ingredients such as oats, with the rich flavour of Astro Jeunesse Fat Free Yogourt, naturally sweetened with a touch of honey.
- 2 cups all purpose flour 500 mL
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed, divided 160 mL
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats, divided 160 mL
- 1 tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1 cup Astro Jeunesse Vanilla Yogourt 250 mL
- 1 cup banana, mashed 250 mL
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil 50 mL
- 1 egg 1
Set aside 2 tablespoons (25 mL) each of brown sugar and oats. In a bowl, mix flour, remaining brown sugar, remaining oats and baking powder.
In another bowl, mix yogourt, banana, oil and egg. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until just blended.
Spoon batter into 12 cup greased muffin tin. Mix together reserved brown sugar and oatmeal; sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
Serving Size: Makes 12 Muffins