Vegetable Cheddar Quiche
Contributed by: NAPSA
Healthy Meals And Snacks From The Cool Aisles Of The Store
(NAPSA) - The refrigerated dairy aisles of the grocery store are full of convenient, tasty, healthy foods-whether you're looking for thirst-quenching drinks, terrific meals and accompaniments or nutritious snacks.
Here are some ideas for nutritious anytime snacks:
- Cheese Kabob-Alternate slices of apples and cheddar cheese on skewers.
- Tropical Smoothie-Blend orange juice, frozen strawberries and vanilla yogurt.
- Morning Wake-up-Mix cup of skim milk with teaspoon of instant coffee and sweetened cocoa.
- Granola Delight-Layer granola and fresh fruit with favorite yogurt flavor.
- Ultimate Easy Snack-Keep the fridge full of individually packaged yogurts, jello, cheese sticks, vegetable dips and more for anytime, anywhere snacking.
While any time of year can be a great time to visit the Cool Aisles of the store, June is officially Dairy Month, sponsored by the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). That means you can find special prices and promotions on many tasty cool favorites.
Here is a breakfast, lunch or dinner entree that's easy to make, with key ingredients from the dairy aisle:
- 1 cup chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute
- 1 cup refrigerated non-dairy creamer
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
Heat 10" skillet; spray generously with nonstick cooking spray; saute peppers, mushrooms and onions until tender-crisp.
Combine egg substitute, creamer, salt and pepper; pour into skillet, cover and cook over medium-low heat until set, approx. 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle quiche with cheese and replace cover until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and let set for two minutes.
Visit NFRA's Web site at www.BringUsToYourTable.com for refrigerated dairy tips, facts, recipes and more.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings