Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Smoked Sausage Skillet Dinner
Contributed by: NAPSA
Planning Helps Make A Party Perfect
(NAPSA) - Parties and family gatherings are popular this time of year. Whether you're celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, graduation, a holiday or the start of your favorite sport's season, entertaining can be quick, simple, affordable and fun if you plan ahead.
- Stock your pantry, refrigerator and freezer with essentials such as precooked, hearty smoked sausage, assorted frozen, refrigerated or boxed side dishes, a variety of vegetables (frozen, fresh or canned), canned or refrigerated soups, and grated cheese for delicious meals in minutes.
- Choose recipes you can prepare ahead to spend more time with guests.
- Last-minute party? Quick and easy solutions are available to help you have dinner in about 30 minutes, including:
- Prepare your favorite seasoned rice mix, then add sliced smoked sausage. Heat through for dinner in 30 minutes.
- Serve smoked sausage alongside refrigerated mashed potatoes for a quick meal solution.
- Add sliced smoked sausage to a quick stuffing mix and pair with frozen vegetables.
- Stir sliced smoked sausage into prepared macaroni and cheese, then heat through for a one-pot meal that's quick, satisfying, delicious and minimizes cleanup time, too.
- Add sliced smoked sausage to a jar of your favorite pasta sauce and heat through. Serve over any cooked pasta and enjoy.
If you plan to serve dinner, choose a recipe that is a one-dish meal such as Sausage Skillet Dinner.
Or, for more simple meal solutions and easy entertaining tips, visit www.hillshirefarm.com.
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 (28-oz.) bag frozen diced, sliced potatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Place oil in skillet with potatoes and vegetables, cover and cook 6-8 minutes. Add the sliced Hillshire Farm Polksa Kielbasa to the skillet and cover and cook 8-10 minutes. Mix in cheddar cheese and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings