Healthful Summer Salad With Fresh California Apricots
Contributed by: News Canada
Jewels of the summer fruit cup
(NC) - This fruit medley gives knock-out colours and flavour for good health and good eating. Apricots, strawberries, and kiwi fruit combine to create the perfect California Tropical Fruit Salad for all the late spring and early summer holidays and celebrations.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups pitted and sliced fresh apricots (about 6-8)
- 1 1/2 cups stemmed and halved fresh strawberries (a little more than half of 1 pint basket)
- 1 1/2 cups pared and sliced kiwi fruit
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
In large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss and chill. Serve as a salad or arrange fruit on wooden skewers for fresh fruit kabobs. For more information, visit www.califapricot.com.
Serving Size: Makes 5 One-Cup Servings