Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Fresh California Apricot-Cherry Salsa
Contributed by: News Canada
Sprightly fruit salsa ushers in first taste of summer
(NC) - This colourful, sprightly, fresh fruit salsa combines apricots and cherries with green onions and herbs punctuated by a lively hint of jalapeno pepper.
Pair salsa with grilled, roasted or sauteed meat, poultry or seafood for a quick flavorful entree. When teamed with low-fat protein sources like cooked diced chicken, shrimp or lean beef, salsa quickly transforms into a main dish salad, especially appealing on warm summer days.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 12 ounces, fresh, California apricots, pitted and diced (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces fresh, California cherries, pitted and cut in half (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded, fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme or 1/2 dried
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper (fresh or canned)
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine apricots, cherries, green onions, basil, thyme and jalapeno peppers; reserve. Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, honey and salt; fold into reserved fruit mixture. Chill several hours to marry flavors. Serve at room temperature.
For more information, visit www.califapricot.com.
Serving Size: Makes 10 - 12 1/4 Cup Servings