How To Make The Perfect Margarita
Contributed by: News Canada
By Karen Petcoff
(NC) - Hail the margarita. One sip of that flavour fiesta and you know summer has finally arrived. Knowing how to make the perfect margarita can make you as popular as a sunny afternoon in July. Perfect for the backyard patio or cottage deck, these cocktails are as fun and easy to create as the day is long.
Begin with the freshest ingredients and remember, the better the tequila, the better the margarita. Try a premium tequila like Margaritaville's Blanco or Oro, a favourite of Jimmy Buffett. Keep it authentic by serving your margarita on the rocks, lightly salted in a fabulous long or short stem margarita glass.
- Fill shaker with broken cubed ice
- Squeeze 2 fresh lime wedges into shaker
- Add 2 oz. of Margaritaville Tequila Oro (or Blanco)
- Add 1 1/4 oz. of Lime Juice
- Add 1/2 oz. of Triple Sec
- Add a splash of Orange Curacao
- Cover shaker & shake vigorously
- Rim glass with lime peel and salt, add fresh ice
- Strain mixture over ice
- Squeeze in 1 lime wedge
Garnish with grated lime rind or your favourite summer fruit.
For more recipe ideas visit Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at www.margaritavilletequila.com. Karen Petcoff is a Canadian event planner and marketing executive.