Grilled Appetizers Help The Hostess Enjoy The Party
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - A warm summer evening - the wine is chilled and your friends are relaxing on the patio. And where are you? Inside, fussing over a hot stove? Nonsense! Put down that frying pan, turn off the oven and get outside. With a batch of our grilled appetizers, you can nibble the night away outdoors where you belong.
Caribbean Shrimp Skewers
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (750 g)
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) pieces (1)
- 2 cups fresh orange chunks (500 mL)
- 4 large green onions, including tops, cut into 3-inch (7.5 cm) pieces (4)
- 1 cup Knorr Lemon Pepper Marinade with Lemon Juice (250 mL)
- wooden skewers
On skewers, thread shrimp, red peppers, oranges and green onions; brush with Marinade. Grill or broil, basting often with marinade and turning until shrimp turn pink.
Makes 4 Servings
Louisiana Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
- 3 lbs chicken wings, about 20 wings, trimmed of fat with tips cut off (1.5 kg)
- 1 bottle Knorr Louisiana Red Pepper Marinade, divided (1)
- carrot and celery sticks
- blue cheese dressing (homemade or store bought)
Place wings in large saucepan, add water just to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Toss wings with 1 cup (250 mL) Knorr Louisiana Red Pepper Marinade and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, rub grill well with vegetable oil (to help prevent wings from sticking) and preheat barbecue for 10 minutes. Remove wings from marinade, discarding used marinade. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook wings until crisp and nicely glazed, about 15-20 minutes, brushing with remaining marinade and turning often.
Serve with carrots, celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
More hostess-friendly recipes for summer entertaining, such as Vietnamese Spring Rolls and Grilled Potatoes with Smoked Salmon and Sour Cream, are waiting for you at www.homebasics.ca.
Makes 4-6 Servings