Pan Fried Salmon Steak
Contributed by: News Canada
- Keep salmon refrigerated until ready to cook
- Leave skin on during cooking; it helps to hold fish together while turning or moving it and prevents the fish from curling during cooking. The skin comes off easily after cooking.
- Cook salmon just until meat begins to change color and becomes flaky
- Salmon will continue to cook after being removed from heat source, so be careful not to overcook.
For great recipe ideas visit www.salmonfarmers.org.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (150 ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (50 ml)
- 2 tsp green curry paste (10ml)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 8 4-5 oz. salmon steaks (120 g -150 g)
Place mayonnaise in a small bowl. Slowly whisk the extra virgin olive oil into the mayonnaise to emulsify. Whisk in the green curry paste. Heat a frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add salmon steak and cook approximately 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan and top with aioli.
For more great recipe ideas visit www.salmonfarmers.org.