Apple Pear Flapjacks
Contributed by: News Canada
Springtime Kitchen: Savour the taste of butter like no other
(NC) - When cooking or baking to entertain this spring, you can always count on the luxurious taste real butter brings to your recipes. Easter gatherings are around the corner, and so are Mother's Day, Victoria Day - and probably so many more reasons to plan a special treat for family and friends from your kitchen.
Take a look at these delicious crowd pleasers, courtesy of Gay Lea, with their online cooking and baking tips at www.gaylea.com:
- 2 tbsp Gay Lea Salted Butter, melted (25 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Gay Lea Sour Cream (Regular or Light) (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup each, milk and apple juice (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (25 mL)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1 small apple and pear, peeled and grated
In large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
Separately, combine next 4 ingredients. Whisk 2 mixtures together, along with grated apple and pears, until moist.
Heat greased griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
Using 1/4 cup (50 mL) of batter for each pancake, drop batter onto griddle; cook for about 3 minutes or until edges bubble and batter on top is slightly dry. Flip and cook until bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 22 Servings