Rob's California Pizza #3
Contributed by: Robert Cerello
- one standard pizza shell, preheated five minutes at 350 degrees
- two dozen grape tomatoes, cut in half with cut section laid downward
- 2/5 lb. colby cheddar or medium cheddar cheese, cut into fairly thin slices about one by one inch
- 1/3 lb. Monterey jack cheese, also prepared as pieces
- 1/2 a medium brown onion presauteeed in medium-sized cut slices
- green pepper, about 1/2 , presauteed in 1/2" by 1" slices on olive oil
- Genoa salami, about six thin standard rounds, cut into strips as wide as desired
- Danish salami, the same amount, cut into strips
- green olives, about twelve medium mild olives, sliced
- 12 large fresh basil leaves, torn up small or 1/3 tsp. dried basil
Preheat the pizza at 350 degrees for five minutes.
Remove pizza and baking tray setting it still on aluminum foil.
Add ingredients, with cheeses first. Add next the two salamis. Add onion and pepper saute, cooled. Add grape tomatoes, spotting them about the surface.
Bake your pizza at 375 degrees for fifteen minutes. Check pizza.
Add green olives and one half the basil at this time.
Pizza should be done in from five to ten minutes more. Remove pizza and tray from oven.
Add remainder of the basil. Allow to cool five minutes.
Slice into eight equal-sized pieces.
Serve with medium red wine of choice, or sun tea and perhaps a cucumber salad.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings