Asparagus Rolls With Ham and Jarlsberg
Contributed by: NAPSA
The Original Healthy Fast Food
(NAPSA) - Just about everybody loves cheese. Loaded with calcium and protein, the "real thing" makes so many dishes more appealing, and mellow, nutty, smooth-melting Norwegian Jarlsberg-America's most popular specialty cheese-is particularly versatile, a family favorite.
Made from part-skim milk, it's naturally low in calories, sodium and fat-newer Jarlsberg Lite, also great for snacking and cooking, has 50 percent less fat than regular Swiss.
Try this super simple Asparagus Rolls recipe-a surefire party idea. Here are a few other easy, creative, absolutely delicious uses for either classic Jarlsberg or Jarlsberg Lite.
- Roll cheese slices around fresh fruits or raw vegetables.
- Add cubes to salads and pastas-warm or cool.
- Shred on vegetables and into sauces.
- Enhance stuffings for meat, poultry or fish.
- Enrich egg dishes.
- Shred into mashed or "smashed" potatoes.
- Grill with peppers, squash, potatoes.
- Top burgers-beef, turkey or salmon.
- Make hors d'oeuvres, wraps and sandwiches galore.
2006 marks the 50th anniversary of Jarlsberg cheese-and the 125th of its source, Tine B.A. Norwegian Dairies, a farmers cooperative. One way to celebrate is to discover tasty new ways to give your menus pizazz-and a nutritional boost.
- 12 clean asparagus spears
- 12 thin slices lean ham
- 1 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese
Boil asparagus in lightly salted water 1 minute. With slotted spoon, dip spears in ice water to preserve color; drain on paper towels. Wrap a slice of ham around each spear and place on baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil. Sprinkle spears liberally with Jarlsberg and brown in 450 F oven about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving suggestions: Place on grilled country bread brushed with olive oil and garlic and topped with chopped tomatoes plus a bit of sea salt, if desired.