Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Healthy Snacks To Boost Your Energy
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - With a few healthy habits, you can reduce your risk of cancer. Choosing healthy snacks between meals is an easy way to improve your eating habits. Not only do healthy snacks give you energy to enjoy the day, but such choices also give you the fuel needed to stay active.
"Making healthy changes does not mean you have to give up your favourite foods," says Patti Payne, senior manager of external relations, Canadian Cancer Society. "Small changes can make a difference."
Here are some easy and delicious snack ideas to get you started:
- Sprinkle granola on yogurt.
- Nibble on dried fruit and nuts.
- Dip carrots, red or green peppers, broccoli or cauliflower, mushrooms or other vegetables in a low fat salad dressing.
- Dip fruits, such as sliced bananas, apples, pears and berries, in a low fat fruit-flavoured yogurt or cream cheese.
- Carry portable vegetables and fruit - such as apples, pears, bananas, grapes, baby carrots or cherry tomatoes - in your briefcase, purse, knapsack or glove compartment.
- Make a trail mix with pretzels, nuts, whole grain cereal and dried fruits, such as raisins, apricots, figs or prunes.
- Pop a potato in the microwave and then top it with salsa and low fat sour cream or a creamy, low fat salad dressing.
- Drink a glass of spicy tomato juice.
- Spread low fat cream cheese or peanut butter on apple slices.
- Sprinkle apple slices with sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip baked tortilla chips in a tomato-packed salsa.
For more healthy eating tips, visit the Canadian Cancer Society's website at www.cancer.ca.