Contributed by: NAPSA
Celebrate Spring With Delicious Brunch
(NAPSA) - Delicious and satisfying, Tomato-Bacon Quiche is perfect for a springtime brunch. Better yet, it's fast and easy to make. The frozen pie crust is ready to bake in its own pan and the ingredients take only a few minutes to assemble. For more spring pie recipes and pie-baking tips, visit www.pillsbury.com.
- 1 Pillsbury Pet-Ritz frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 375¡ F. Remove crust from freezer; let stand 1 minute. Prick crust with fork. Bake on cookie sheet 9 to 11 minutes or until very light golden brown.
Sprinkle bacon, green onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper in crust. In medium bowl, stir together half-and-half, flour and eggs. Stir in cheeses. Pour over tomato mixture.
Bake on cookie sheet 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase second bake time to 33 to 38 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings