Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Flax is one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids and this meal, by Healthy Harvest (wholegrainpasta.ca) is an excellent way to help us meet the recommended daily requirement of omega-3.
Preparation: 20 minutes, Cooking: 20 minutes
- 300 g Catelli Healthy (798 mL)
- Harvest Flax Spaghettini with Omega-3
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted
- 798 mL canned Italian tomatoes
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 10 mL sherry vinegar (2 tsp)
- 30 mL olive oil (2 tbsp)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 mL fresh basil, coarsely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 8 bocconcini balls, cut into pieces
Cook spaghettini according to package directions. In food processor bowl, place roasted peppers, well-drained Italian tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and vinegar; pulse a few seconds. Set aside.
In a pot, heat olive oil and gently sauté onions until tender (around 5 minutes). Add garlic and continue cooking 1 minute. Pour in reserved tomato sauce and simmer gently 5-7 minutes. Add basil. Add pasta and bocconcini, mixing well to coat pasta and cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings