Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast
Contributed by: NAPSA
Slow-Cooked Meals: The Recipe For Weeknight Success
(NAPSA) - Slow cooking is more popular than ever, as today's busy families discover how easy it is to recapture the wholesome, hearty flavors and aromas of childhood. Slow cookers provide the best of both worlds-delicious, home-cooked meals and convenient preparation.
Weeknight dinners are a snap with the slow cooker. It perfectly tenderizes and seasons meat and vegetables during the day so the meal is ready to serve when the family comes to the table. During cool weather months, slow-cooked favorites, like stews, pot roast, pulled pork, chili, and soups are a perfect way to warm up.
Whether a slow-cooker novice or seasoned pro, these tried and true tips from the flavor experts at McCormick(r) can help create delicious results:
- Always defrost meat or poultry prior to adding to the slow cooker
- For richer flavor, brown meat before slow cooking
- Cut meats and vegetables into smaller pieces for a faster cooking time
- Take advantage of pre-blended seasonings, like McCormick Slow Cookers Seasoning to get the perfect flavor every time. Made specifically for slow cookers, these flavor blends will stand up to long cooking times
- Slow cookers should never be used to reheat leftovers
- For faster preparation, cut up vegetables the night before, then refrigerate until ready to start slow cooker. Hint: If adding potatoes, cover with water after peeling and chopping
Savor the warmth and comfort of an American classic-pot roast-with this simple, delicious recipe.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless chuck or rump roast, well trimmed
- 5 cups cut-up fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes
- 1 package McCormick(r) Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast Seasoning
- 1 cup water
Place roast and vegetables in slow cooker.
Mix Seasoning and water until blended. Pour over roast and vegetables. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Stir sauce before serving.
For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
For more flavorful slow cooker recipes and tips, call 1-800-MEAL-TIP (1-800-632-5847), or visit www.mccormick.com.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings