Smoked Sausage Italiano
Contributed by: NAPSA
Easy, Enjoyable Meals
(NAPSA) - Here's a holiday tradition that many families are happy to start: finding time amidst all the hustle and bustle to sit down to a good meal together. Fortunately, this may be easier to achieve than many people realize.
For example, keep items such as smoked sausage, canned and frozen vegetables, quick rice mixes and refrigerated potatoes on hand for fast but filling meals. These products can be used to help cut time needed for meal preparation whenever your schedule is full.
Hearty and savory smoked sausage will satisfy your entire family. In fact, smoked sausage can come in handy when planning and preparing meals during the holidays because it is fully cooked and ready to use for quick and easy meal options:
- Prepare your favorite rice mix (such as jambalaya), then stir in sliced smoked sausage. Heat through for a complete meal in 30 minutes.
- Serve smoked sausage alongside refrigerated mashed potatoes for a truly quick meal.
- Add sliced smoked sausage to a Quick Stuffing Mix and pair with your favorite frozen vegetable for an instant meal.
- Stir sliced smoked sausage into prepared macaroni and cheese, then heat through for a one pot meal that is quick, satisfying, delicious and minimizes clean-up time, too.
- Have breakfast for dinner by adding diced smoked sausage to scrambled eggs for a surprise dinner any night of the week.
Create this great sausage dish in about 15 minutes:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa (or any variety smoked sausage) cut into 1/4 inch medallions
- 1 jar (6 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, Italian style with basil, garlic & oregano
- 4 oz. extra-thin spaghetti, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese, optional
In a nonstick skillet, saute sausage and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add tomatoes. Toss tomato mixture and hot pasta. Season to taste. Top with your favorite cheese. Serve immediately.
For more recipes and meal solutions, visit www.hillshirefarm.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings