Pumpkin-Ginger Pie with Gingersnap Streusel
Contributed by: NAPSA
Enjoy Pumpkin Pie All Season (NAPSA) - Enjoy the great taste of pumpkin pie all season long. This recipe earns rave reviews whenever-and wherever-it's served. The frozen crust comes in an oven-ready, disposable pan that's easy to transport, and the recipe is fast and easy to make.
- 1 Pillsbury Pet-Ritz frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (9 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 425 F.
Place cookie sheet on oven rack. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
Bake on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F; bake 15 minutes longer. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel over filling.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack, about 3 hours.
If desired, top with whipped cream or whipped topping. If preparing recipe with the Pumpkin Spice Packet (included with Pet-Ritz pie crust packages for a limited time during Fall 2005), eliminate pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings