Rosemary Swiss Shortbread Bites
Contributed by: News Canada
A swiss twist on a special holiday favourite.
- 1/2 cup Gay Lea butter, softened (125 ml)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar (5 ml)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (250 ml)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (250 ml)
- 2 tsp crushed dried rosemary (10 ml)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (2 ml)
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Using electric mixer, beat together Gay Lea butter and sugar. Beat in Swiss cheese. In separate bowl, mix together flour, rosemary and paprika. Using wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Divide dough in half.
On lightly-floured surface, shape dough into two 7-inch (18 cm) logs. Cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) coins. Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake in centre of oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden. Cool on pan on racks.
Serving Size: Makes 36 Shortbread