Chicken Salad a La Roma
Contributed by: NAPSA
Dressing Up Premium Salads
(NAPSA) - The right ingredients can dress up most any salad and turn it into a delicious dish. Start with a base of premium greens. Then toss in some peppers, tomatoes and purple cabbage for color. Finally, add some fresh green beans and artichokes for texture and voila! A salad to remember.
Of course, what you top your salad with makes a difference, too, so it's a good idea to look for dressings made with premium ingredients.
For instance, Good Seasons' new line of bottled dressings are made with quality ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, aged cheeses, poppyseed and ginger. The line includes Italian Vinaigrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Creamy Caesar with Aged Parmesan, Asian Sesame with Ginger, Red Raspberry Vinaigrette with Poppyseed, and Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette with Roasted Red Pepper. They are a great complement to most any salad-including this delicious recipe:
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Good Seasons Italian Vinaigrette with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing, divided
- 2 cups each: torn arugula and romaine lettuce
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Kraft Natural Mozzarella Cheese Crumbles or Natural Mozzarella Shreds
- 4 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
PLACE chicken and 1/4 cup of dressing in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Grill chicken 6 to 8 min. on each side or until cooked through. Remove from grill; cut into strips.
COMBINE arugula and romaine; place on serving platter. Top with artichokes, tomatoes and chicken. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup dressing, sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings