Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Roll Around Shortbread Ornaments
Contributed by: News Canada
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Gay Lea butter, softened (175 ml)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 ml)
- 1 egg 1
- 2tsp vanilla (10 ml)
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour (625 ml)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml)baking powder
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, chopped glaceed fruit, or chopped multi coloured candy coated chocolates (250 ml)
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, adding chips or candies at very end.
Using rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, shape into balls. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for at least 1 hour or for up to 1 day.
Bake in centre of oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes. Sift icing sugar into shallow bowl. Immediately roll each cookie in icing sugar to coat well.
Serving Size: Makes About 5 Dozen Cookies