Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Burgos Cucumber Salad # Two
Contributed by: Robert Cerello
This is a robust Spanish salad that partners any meat well.
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, sliced very thin, slices halved
- 1/3 large red onion, diced afetr being sauteed
- 1/3 Cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar, or to taste
- 1 medium-sized sweet tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. rinsed pickled capers
- 6 large basil leaves, cut small
- oregano leaves, torn small, same amount
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1/5 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil for saute
- (optional) add cooked sheep's tongue, diced, about 1/3 lb.
Saute the cut up red onion on the olive oil on medium heat for two minutes, until the color turns. Allow to cool for fifteen minutes after blotting dry. Add other ingredients in the order stated. Mix in each case slowly, to blend throughout.
Serve as is, on a bed of butter lettuce leaves or as an addition atop rice (pre cooked), smaller pasta (precooked) or any Middle Eastern rice or wheat product of choice.
Serving Size: Makes 2 - 3 Servings