Ultimate Leftover Turkey Sandwich
Contributed by: NAPSA
Leftover Turkey - A Great Start To New Meals
(NAPSA) - For many people, the best part of Thanksgiving is enjoying the leftovers. Turkey and stuffing in particular make a great lunch on cleanup Friday.
Savory turkey and stuffing can bring back mouthwatering memories. With just a little ingenuity, these holiday staples can help create new, equally delicious meals.
Store cubed, cooked turkey in one- or two-cup amounts in zip-top plastic freezer bags; press air out before sealing. Label with amount and date and freeze for up to a month. When ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator or defrost in the microwave.
Just as stuffing makes Thanksgiving special, its many varieties can add flavor to any meal. By using an instant stuffing mix, such as Stove Top Stuffing, you can quickly make a terrific side dish or main meal that fills the kitchen with a wonderful aroma.
Here are some tips for making fabulous leftover turkey meals:
- Turkey 'n Pasta - Combine cooked turkey with 1 box prepared macaroni and cheese and 2 cups of cooked vegetables.
- Turkey Soup Ole - Add cooked, cubed or shredded turkey to 4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 cup salsa; heat. Top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Turkey Grilled Cheese - Add turkey slices and honey mustard to a grilled cheese sandwich. Spread the outsides of the bread with 2 tsp. Miracle Whip instead of butter before grilling. Serve with a side of stuffing.
- Quick Turkey Salad - Combine 1 cup cubed turkey, chopped celery and onion, and about 2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip for a lower fat alternative to mayo. Serve in wedged tomatoes or on your favorite whole grain bread.
Consider how stuffing and leftover cranberry sauce lifts the classic turkey sandwich to new heights:
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 Tbsp. Miracle Whip Dressing
- 3 oz. oven-roasted turkey breast, sliced, or shredded cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup prepared Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Turkey
- 2 Tbsp. cranberry sauce
Spread 1 of the bread slices with Miracle Whip. Top with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and second bread slice.
You can find more leftover ideas and tips at www.stovetop.com and www.miraclewhip.com.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Serving
Nutritional Information: Per Serving (MW): 540 calories, 17g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 18g sugars, 35g protein, 8%DV vitamin A, 2%DV vitamin C, 8%DV calcium, 25%DV iron.