Pomegranate-Honey Roasted Game Hens
Contributed by: News Canada
Rich, red pomegranates are the ideal festive fruit. Pomegranates are delicious and add a dash of jewel-like color and tangy sweetness to many dishes.
- 1 cup 100% POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup plus additional 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 game hens; split in half
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup arils from 1 California pomegranate
- Chopped, roasted pistachio nuts
Mix pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup honey, and next 5 ingredients; pour over hens. Cover and marinate 8-12 hours; turning occasionally.
Simmer remaining marinade, covered for 10 minutes and reserve.
Season hens with salt and pepper.
Bake at 450 degrees F., basting frequently with reserved marinade, until hens are just firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, cover with tea towel and let birds rest for 5 minutes. Brush each half with 1/2 tablespoon honey.
Garnish with pomegranate arils and chopped pistachios.
For more scrumptious recipes, visit www.pomwonderful.com.