Swiss Chocolate Cream Truffles
Contributed by: News Canada
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 3 steps, 2 hours 15 minutes (includes refrigeration).
- 1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp almond-flavoured liqueur
- 1 bar (100g) Toblerone Swiss Dark Chocolate with honey and almond nougat, melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, ground
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
BEAT cream cheese, honey and liqueur with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and almonds; cover.
REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours or until firm.
ROLL cream cheese mixture into 24 balls, using a scant tablespoonful of the cream cheese mixture for each ball. Roll in cocoa until evenly coated. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Substitute 1/4 tsp almond extract for the almond liqueur.
Serving Size: Makes 24 Truffles