Greek Lima Bean and Corn Salad With Cheese
Contributed by: Robert Cerello
This is my Grecianized version of a lima bean and corn salad that is extremely versatile and should partner well with nearly any leftover meat or cream soup or bread of choice on your fall table.
- 1 can of 15 oz. niblets corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can or 15 oz. lima beans, baby, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Greek feta cheese, crumbled small
- 2 tblsps. mayo or non-fat substitue
- Add 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 12 fresh basil leaves torn small
- three shakes black pepper
- 2 shakes Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 shakes seasoned salt
- 10 or 12 small green olives, cut small (if desired)
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix in each ingredient, slowly, in the order stated above. Distribute throughly and evenly for best results. Herbs should be added last.
Add garden style sweeter tomatoes, two medium, cored and cut up rather small, plus 1/4 tsp. sugar or substitute.
Use grated peccorino Romano cheese as topping.
Serve with Greek or Italian bread and a medium white wine such as Chardonnay or retsina, etc.
I also serve this with warm pita bread sprinkled with a little olive oil and seasoned salt also, or serve it on jasmine rice.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings