Baked Vegetable Omelet
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Omelets are the perfect brunch food. They're easy to make, look great and taste even better. Add a salad and baked muffins or quick bread and you've got a winning menu! For more delicious recipes, visit our website, www.robinhood.ca.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets 500 mL
- 1 onion, chopped 1
- 2 tbsp Crisco Vegetable or Canola Oil 30 mL
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese 250 mL
- 1 cup sliced sweet red pepper 250 mL
- 2 medium tomatoes, 2 seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 500 mL
- 1 1/3 cups milk 325 mL
- 1/3 cup Robin Hood Best for Blending Flour 75 mL
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil 30 mL
- 4 eggs 4
- Salt and pepper to taste
PREHEAT oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease an 8" (20 cm) square baking pan.
SAUTE broccoli, red pepper, and onion in oil in large frying pan until tender.
LAYER Monterey Jack cheese, red pepper broccoli mixture, tomatoes, and Cheddar cheese in prepared pan.
COMBINE remaining ingredients with whisk or in blender until smooth. Pour into pan.
BAKE in centre of preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes, Baking Time: 40 minutes, Makes: about 6 servings, Freezing: not recommended
A great way to use up left over cooked vegetables, ham or turkey (no sautéing required - cuts prep-time in half!).