Savoury Corn Muffins
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The aroma of these savory corn muffins baking in the oven will whet everyone's appetite! And, these muffins are the perfect partner for the omelet! Enjoy. For more delicious recipes, visit our website, www.robinhood.ca.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes, Baking Time: 20 minutes, Makes: 10 large or 12 medium muffins, Freezing: excellent
- 1 cup Robin Hood All Purpose Flour 250 mL
- 1 cup Purity corn meal 250 mL
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar 45 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves 2 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 cup milk 250 mL
- 1/4 cup Crisco Vegetable or Canola Oil 50 mL
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels 250 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives 75 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes 50 mL
PREHEAT oven to 400 F (200 C). Grease muffin cups or line them with muffin papers.
COMBINE first 6 dry ingredients.
BEAT egg, milk and oil in large bowl. Add dry ingredients, mixing lightly just until blended. Stir in corn, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
BAKE in centre of preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.