Luscious Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Contributed by: News Canada
Meals Made Easy: A quick dessert can still make you a star
By J. Caroline Carroll
(NC) - Even when you have no dessert ideas, and no time to spare, it's good to know a family meal can still end with great flare.
If you think your everyday desserts are in need of a little inspiration, here are some ideas for sweet treats that are guaranteed to please. "These desserts are a quick, easy and delicious solution to a busy lifestyle," says Jason Quehl, spokesperson for Dr. Oetker, a leading name in easy-make desserts. Consider clipping and pinning them to your fridge for future reference:
- Mousse: Next to the jelly powders at your supermarket, select chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry mousse mix instead. It's simple, and all you need is milk. You can buy it in the traditional blend, or in a lower-calorie "light" style. Either way, this special whipped mousse - prepared in 7 minutes - will prove to be no ordinary dessert.
- Trio Treat Dessert: Simply blend water with this gelatin mix for one minute, and let it set into an attractive, three-layered, fruit-flavored dessert. After blending, Trio Treat separates into three layers all by itself - in strawberry, orange, grape and lime - kids will love it. Looks so great, everyone will wonder how you made it.
- Crème Caramel Premium Dessert: This is the most popular specialty dessert by Dr. Oetker, prepared with a sweet caramelizing sauce in just 10 minutes.
- Luscious Lemon Cream Cheese Pie: Wonderful no-bake recipe ideal for any occasion. Lemon pie without the meringue - adding cream cheese instead:
- 1 9" (23cm) frozen deep dish pie shell 1
- 1 pkg (212 g) Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling 1
- 1/3 cup cold water 75 mL
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water 425 mL
- 2 eggs 2
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened 250 g
Thaw and bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool.
Cook lemon pie filling according to package directions, but use 2 whole eggs, 1/3-cup (75 mL) cold water and 13/4 cups (425 mL) boiling water. Cool 5 minutes.
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Reserve 1-cup (250 mL) pie filling for top. Gradually blend remaining pie filling into cream cheese. Pour into crust; refrigerate 15 minutes.
Spread reserved pie filling over top. Refrigerate 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices, if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings