Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
An Easter Bonnet You Can Eat!
Contributed by: News Canada
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 18-oz package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 16-oz can prepared white frosting
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Jelly Belly® jelly beans in your favourite colors
- Split 8 cookies in half, saving the ones with filling. Coarsely chop all remaining cookies.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in
- Put 3 cups batter in a greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan. Put 3/4 cup batter in a
greased and floured 10-oz custard cup. Bake both at 350oF for 25/30 minutes or until
done. Divide remaining batter between 6 paper muffin cups. Bake at 350oF for 15/25
minutes or until done.
- Allow cake to cool completely, then place 9" layer on a serving dish. Frost top of cake. Place
cake from custard cup in centre, to make the crown of the bonnet. Reserve 1/4 cup frosting for
cupcakes; use rest to frost crown of bonnet. Sprinkle with coconut, pressing lightly into the frosting.
- Cut the cookies with filling into semicircles and arrange them round the brim of the hat.
Decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans, pressing them gently into the frosting. Frost cupcakes and
decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans.
Serving Size: Makes one 9" cake and 6 cupcakes.