Robert's Pasta Salad One
Contributed by: Michael Cerello
Break spahetti into thirds before cooking. Cut up ingredients ahead of time if possible.
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 lg. scallions, sliced thin using white and 1/3 of the green portion
- 2 medium tomatoes, one sweeter variety, one Roma, cut up small
- Sugar or sugar substitute as needed
- white vinegar, 2 tsp. as desired
- Olive, Robusto Italian or Ranch Dressing, to taste
- 6-8 lg. fresh basil leaves, torn small
Cook thin broken-up spaghetti according to package directions.
Drain thoroughly; rinse if package indicates this should be done, then drain again.
Set pasta into a bowl and pat dry with a paper towel.
Turn over and pat dry other wside to remove excess water.
Add previously cut-up scallions and mis in, slowly, gently and thoroughly.
Add tomatoes and repeat mixing.
Add dressing as desired and repeat mixing.
Adjust dressing using white vinegar and sugar to increase strength of dressing, to taste.
Add herbs and repeat mixing.
Let sit for ten-fifteen minutes to cool.
Check seasonings once more.
Refrigerate in covered bowl for two hours, or preferably overnight to increase flavor.
To this basic pasta salad you might add bland black, black and gree or simply gree olives. I also add precooked yellow bell pepper, slliced into thin strips oand/or brown onions precooked for extra flavor. You might also add Italian seasoning, Italian parsley and/or grated peccorino Romano or Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese as variants. serve with good Mediterranean bread, butter and wine of choice.
Serving Size: Makes 3 - 4 Servings