Spicing Up Traditional Dishes
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - When leftovers just won't cut it, a quick trip to the grocery store may be all you need for mealtime inspiration.
Products such as canned and pouch chunk chicken breast by Tyson(r) offer new twists on classic dishes. A great alternative to frozen or fresh chicken, these convenient products are made with whole chicken breasts and are oven-roasted for rich flavor. They are great for on-the-go consumers who are short on prep time but are still looking for quality, protein meals.
Using these products, individuals and families can enjoy dishes like gourmet-quality chicken salad with juicy grapes and almonds or snack-worthy nachos in five minutes without the traditional steps of seasoning, boiling and dicing. Use the extra time to catch up with friends and family!
Looking to break out of your meal-making rut without sacrificing quality or the rest of the tasks on your daily to-do list? Try these new recipes below and be sure to visit www.tyson.com for more ideas.
- 2 cans Tyson(r) Premium Chunk Chicken Breast (12.5 oz) or 2 Tyson(r) Premium Chuck Chicken Breast Pouches
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise or more to taste
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of diced celery
- 20 red seedless grapes
Combine chicken and mayonnaise in medium bowl, blending with a fork until chicken is shredded.
Mix almonds, celery and grapes into chicken.
Serve on choice of lettuce, crackers or bread. Makes 4 servings.
Speedy Chicken Nachos
- 2 cans Tyson(r) Premium Chunk Chicken Breast (12.5 oz), well drained or 2 Tyson(r) Premium Chunk Chicken Breast Pouches
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, 1.25 oz.
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, 14 oz.
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chopped green chilies, 10 oz., well drained
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
Using a fork, mix chicken with half the package of taco seasoning in a bowl until chicken is shredded and coated with seasoning. Use less seasoning for a milder flavor or more for a spicier flavor.
Arrange chips on a cookie sheet and cover generously with shredded cheese. Top with well-drained tomatoes, green chilies and seasoned chicken.
Broil on top rack of oven about 3 minutes or until cheese bubbles. Remove and top with drained olives.
Serve with choice of sour cream, guacamole and jalapeno peppers.
Makes 6 - 8 Servings