Pack-And-Go Granola Bars
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Finally, a kid approved granola bar... and while kids love the chewy taste, moms love all the healthy nutrients! Add a piece of fruit or small container of yogurt for a perfect snack!
Rating: Easy - Kid Approved!
- 1 cup butter, softened 250 mL
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 250 mL
- 1/2 cup corn syrup 125 mL
- 3 cups Robin Hood or Old Mill Quick Oats 750 mL
- 1 cup Robin Hood All-Purpose Flour 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal 250 mL
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries 175 mL
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots 175 mL
- 1/4 cup each sunflower, flax and sesame seeds 50 mL
PREHEAT oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease a 15"x 10"x 1" (37 cm x 25 cm x 2.5 cm) jellyroll pan.
HEAT butter and brown sugar together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
COMBINE remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour sugar mixture on top. Mix well, until all ingredients are moistened. Press firmly into prepared pan.
BAKE at 350 F (180 C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden. Cool completely then cut into bars.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes, Baking Time: 25 minutes, Freezing: excellent
- Replace all-purpose flour with Robin Hood Whole Wheat Flour.
- Under bake for a chewy texture. Bake longer for crisper bars.
- Vary the dried fruit and seeds to suit your own tastes, keeping the total amount the same as in the recipe.
Serving Size: Makes About 21 Bars