Double Cheese Soup
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 tbsp. 45 mL butter
- 1/4 cup 50 mL minced onion
- 1/4 cup 50 mL finely-grated carrot
- 1/4 cup 50 mL all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. 15 mL chicken bouillon mix
- 1/4 tsp. 2 mL paprika
- 1/4 tsp. 2 mL dry mustard
- 2 cups 500 mL milk
- 1 3/4 cups 425 mL water
- 1 1/2 cups 375 mL shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup 125 mL grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Sauté onion and carrot until tender.
Blend in flour, bouillon mix, paprika and dry mustard. Gradually stir in milk and water.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
Remove from heat; add Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; stir until melted.
Garnish with cheese and /or chives, if desired.
To make a complete meal serve with bread and spinach salad and orange salad.
Serving Size: Yield: about 5 cups.