Grilled Chicken Skewers
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This variation of the traditional Thai satay makes an easy appetizer or main course for summer long weekend celebrations.
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound, thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 12 to 14 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 2 oranges, cut into eighths
- 1 cup Cattlemen's Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 3 tbsp Frank's Redhot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Spicy Cucumber Salsa (below)
Slice cutlets into 1/2-inch wide long strips. Weave strips onto upper half of 8 to 10 skewers. Place skewers into large baking dish. Thread 4 orange pieces each onto remaining 4 skewers. Set aside.
Combine barbecue sauce and Frank's RedHot Sauce in measuring cup. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for Spicy Cucumber Salsa. Pour 1/2 cup of remaining mixture over chicken, turning skewers to coat.
Grill or broil chicken and oranges for 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center and oranges are heated through. Turn and baste chicken often with remaining 1/2 cup sauce. Serve with Spicy Cucumber Salsa.
Spicy Cucumber Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- Reserved 1/4 cup barbecue sauce mixture
Combine all ingredients in large bowl; chill.
Serve with Grilled Chicken Skewers or your favourite grilled chicken or steak recipe.
Makes 4 - 6 Servings (2 Cups)
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings