Delicious Chicken Pasta
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces total
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon (in all) Chef Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic®
- 2 cups (in all) defatted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh mush- rooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 ounces pasta (fettucini or angel hair work well, but you can use your favorite)
Cut the chicken into thin strips, place in a small bowl and
combine thoroughly with 2 teaspoons of the Meat Magic.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Place a skillet over high heat and add the white onions, celery, bell pepper and the remaining
teaspoon of Meat Magic. Cook over high beat, shaking pan and stirring occasionally (don't
scrape!) for 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, start scraping up the browned coating on the bottom of the pan
and cook another 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken mixture and cook 4 minutes. Add the flour and
stir well, cooking another 2 minutes.
Now add the mushrooms and garlic, folding in carefully so mushrooms don't break. Add 1/2
cup chicken stock and scrape up the pan bottom.
Cook 4 minutes and add another 1/2 cup stock, stirring and scraping.
Continue cooking another 5 minutes, then add the green onions and the remaining 1/2 cup
Stir and scrape well. Cook 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information: Approximately 250 calories per serving.