Contributed by: Company's Coming of Company's Coming
An all-time favourite. Good hot or cold. Even better served with ice cream.
Reprinted from Most Loved Treats (c) Company's Coming Publishing Limited. Pick up your Company's Coming cookbooks online today!
- 6 cups Peeled, cored and sliced cooking apples (such as McIntosh) 1.5 L
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar 175 mL
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour 300 mL
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed 175 mL
- 1/2 tsp. Salt 2 mL
- 1/2 cup Hard margarine (or butter), cut up 125 mL
Place apple slices in ungreased shallow 3 quart (3 L) casserole. Sprinkle sugar over top.
Combine flour, brown sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scatter evenly over apple. Press down lightly. Bake, uncovered, in 375 F (190 C) oven for about 40 minutes until apple is tender.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 392 Calories; 12.5 g Total Fat (7.9 g Mono, 1.4 g Poly, 2.6 g Sat); 0 mg Cholesterol; 70 g Carbohydrate; 2 g Fibre; 2 g Protein; 299 mg Sodium