Decadent Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This simple, make-ahead frozen treat that pairs chocolate with peanut butter is the perfect after-school snack.
- 2 1/2 cups Nestle Nesquik cereal 625 mL
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 75 mL
- 1/4 cup butter, melted 50 mL
- Chocolate Layer:
- 2/3 cup Nestle Carnation 2% Evaporated Milk 150 mL
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1/3 cup icing sugar 75 mL
- 1/4 cup butter 50 mL
- Ice Cream Layer:
- 4 cups Nestle Parlour vanilla ice cream, softened 1 L
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter 250 mL
- 1 bar (59 g) Nestle Butterfinger candy bar, chopped
Grind cereal to fine crumbs in food processor. Transfer to small bowl; stir in flour and melted
butter. Press into bottom and 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side of a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. Bake in 425 F
(220 C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Let cool.
Combine evaporated milk, chocolate chips, icing sugar, and butter in small saucepan. Cook
over medium heat, stirring, until just boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring, for 3 to 5
minutes or until thickened and smooth; let cool. Spread thin layer over entire crust, reserving
remaining chocolate mixture for topping. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Ice Cream Layer:
Blend ice cream with peanut butter in blender or food processor; spoon over frozen crust.
Top with reserved chocolate mixture and sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Freeze for 5 hours or
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings.