Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
4 Tips For The Home Bartender
Contributed by: News Canada
- Measure out drinks correctly. Know the difference between a pony - 1 oz., a shot - 1.5 oz., a dash and a splash. Don't pour even a little extra in there if the recipe doesn't call for it.
- Use the correct tools. Obtain a shaker, a strainer, and a jigger - an indispensable measuring tool for newbie mixologists.
- People drink with their eyes as well as their mouths. Make the cocktail look good. Things like orange twists, mint leaves, and lemon slices are a nice touch.
- Have a few delicious recipes up your sleeve.
The Remy Centaur
- 2 shots of Remy Martin V.S.O.P.
- A few fresh mint leaves
- 2 spoons of brown sugar
- 1 dash of lime juice
- Ginger Ale
- 3 drops of Angostura Bitter
In an Old-fashioned glass, crush mint leaves with sugar and lime juice. Add Remy Martin V.S.O.P. Fill with crushed ice and top up with Ginger Ale. Add a few drops of Angostura Bitter and stir.
In a shaker:
- 1.5 shots Remy Martin V.S.O.P
- .5 shots Crème de cacao
- 1 spoon of crème fraîche
Shake well and pour in a large Martini glass.