Curried Rice Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Serve this light, flavor-filled salad with grilled chicken and sliced cucumbers.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, white or brown
- 1/3 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 - 2 teaspoons curry powder *
Use leftover rice or cook 1 1/4 cups rice in 3 cups of water. Place cool, cooked rice in 2 quart bowl. Add
onions, raisins, almonds and parsley; mix. Combine dressing ingredients and microwave for 1 minute.
Stir dressing until sugar is dissolved. Pour over rice mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
* Curry powders vary greatly in spiciness; adjust the recipe to suit your favorite brand.
Serving Size: Serves 6.