Contributed by: NAPSA
Cool Ideas For Marvelous Meals
(NAPSA) - Take a stroll down the refrigerated aisles of your grocery store and you'll find more than just nutritious snacks, terrific meal accompaniments, thirst-quenching drinks and delicious desserts. You may also find there is no better time to visit the "cool" aisles than during June, which is officially Dairy Month. That's when you will see special prices and promotions on many tasty cool favorites.
Cool Tips for Your Family
- Get plenty of calcium in your diet by enjoying the many quick, fun and nutritious cheese and yogurt selections.
- If you need a vitamin C boost, there may be nothing better than a tall glass of orange juice to quench your thirst.
- For a favorite all-American treat, try the refrigerated cookie dough and have freshly baked cookies in minutes.
- Having a party? Choose from the many tasty dips you'll find in the refrigerated aisle.
To start the day with a nutritious, delicious meal, try this breakfast recipe:
- 1 1/3 cups egg substitute
- 4 oz. Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 1 cup refrigerated diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup green and/or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
Brown diced potatoes in butter, add bell peppers, continue cooking until tender. Add egg substitute and cook mixture until eggs are done. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Place 1 ounce cheese on each tortilla, then equally divide potato-egg mixture, fold ends and roll.
Here's another cool idea: The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRFA) has created a $7,500 Cool Favorites Sweepstakes that runs through the end of July, 2005. For contest dates, official rules and entry form, visit www.BringUsToYourTable.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings