Easy Linguine with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Contributed by: NAPSA
Delicious Short Cuts For Easy Family Meals
(NAPSA) - Family dinners sometimes seem like a thing of the past. With busy schedules that often include balancing careers, school activities and household chores, there is little time left to sit down and enjoy a relaxed family dinner.
Making time for this important meal encourages healthy eating habits, opens the doors of communication and strengthens family bonds. However, busy families might find fixing dinner from scratch too time consuming to do every evening.
As a result, many smart cooks are resourcefully applying "speed scratch" methods - using packaged prepared foods as an ingredient to reduce meal preparation time - and then adding a personal touch to make it a unique dish.
Following are a few tips for using packaged prepared foods to create delicious meals with a personal touch.
- Toss frozen vegetables with prepared Alfredo sauce and cooked pasta for pasta primavera.
- Blend frozen or deli meatballs with prepared marinara sauce and cooked spaghetti for a delightfully simple and fun dinner.
- Jazz up vegetables with prepared pesto sauce for a nearly effortless and savory side dish.
- Add family favorite ingredients, such as cooked ground turkey, grilled seafood or steamed spinach, to prepared marinara sauce to make a hearty signature meal.
When there's time to follow a recipe, look for those that use packaged prepared foods and few ingredients, such as this simply delicious Easy Linguine with Creamy Tomato Sauce recipe.
- 1 package (9 ounces) Buitoni¨ Refrigerated Linguine, prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) Buitoni¨ Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free half-and-half
Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
POUR sauce into same skillet; cook until heated through (do not boil). Add chicken and half-and-half; stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
TOSS with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings