Fiesta Tostada Salad
Contributed by: NAPSA
Fiesta Tostada Salad Spices Up Mexican-Style Feasts
(NAPSA) - Fiesta Tostada Salad, a crisp baked corn tortilla topped with black beans, lettuce, tomato, green onions and feta cheese, is a colorful specialty that's great for entertaining a hungry crowd. It has all the ingredients of a traditional dish with the right amount of palate-pleasing heat and a spicy, satisfying taste. It's a great addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu or any big event on the calendar. Now that's cause for a celebration.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco¨ brand pepper sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco¨ brand green pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 large green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine olive oil and Tabasco sauce in cup. Brush mixture on one side of tortillas; place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tortillas are golden.
Combine black beans, lime juice, Tabasco sauce, cumin, oregano and salt in medium bowl. Place one tortilla on plate. Top with 1/6 of bean mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese and green onions. Repeat with remaining tortillas and salad mixture.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings