Crispy Almond Baked Thighs
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - An economical alternative to chicken breast, these crispy thighs make a quick supper interesting and easy.
- 8 Maple Lodge Farms Skinless Chicken Thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup/ 125mL toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup/125 mL seasoned or plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp/ 15 mL melted butter
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper (optional)
Combine almonds, bread crumbs, butter and salt and pepper (if using plain crumbs).
In separate shallow dish, beat egg with 1 tbsp (15mL) water. Dip chicken into egg mixture
then into crumb mixture, turning to coat and shaking off excess. Bake on greased baking sheet at
400 F (200 C) for 35 minutes or until golden and juices run clear with chicken is pierced.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 372 calories, 40 g protein, 18 g fat, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fibre.