Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Contributed by: News Canada
Easy entertaining for carb-conscious guests
(NC) - Recent studies have shown that almost two thirds of Canadians are trying to limit their daily carb intake. Beat the winter blues at your next get-together with an appetizer that all your guests will be able to enjoy.
- 1 cup / 250 mL Carb Options Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 tsp / 20 mL soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp / 2 mL ground ginger
- 1 lb / 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup / 50 mL Carb Options Creamy Peanut Spread
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp / 1 mL crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp / 2 mL Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
For marinade, in medium bowl, whisk together dressing, soy sauce and ginger. In large resealable plastic bag, pour 1/4 cup (50 mL) marinade over chicken and turn to coat. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 3 hours. Refrigerate 1/4 cup (50 mL) remaining marinade.
Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together remaining 1/4 cup (125 mL) marinade, creamy peanut spread, green onions, red pepper flakes and Splenda sweetener; set aside for dipping sauce. Soak 12 (6 inch/15 cm) wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding used marinade. Thread chicken on skewers. Grill or broil chicken, turning once and brushing frequently with 1/4 cup (50 mL) reserved marinade, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Marinate Time: 3 hours, Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 Main Dish or 12 Appetizer Servings