Joys Special Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells
Contributed by: Joy White of TeeterKats Kitchen
This one dish meal was created in my own kitchen. I love pasta dishes and I was unable to find one of my choice, so I worked on this one until it satisfied my taste. When I serve it to my dinner guests, most of them ask for seconds.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chuck beef
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 3/4 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cut freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups Heinz Kick’rs Hot and Spicy Ketchup
- 2 can Rotel tomatoes blended
- 1 c. minced onions
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 1 c. water
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups crushed taco shells
- Sour Cream, optional
In a large pot of salted water boil 32 jumbo pasta shells al dente (cooked but still firm to the bite.) Do not over cook or they will fall apart after baking. Drain well and rinse.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until brown; remove from skillet and drain well. In same skillet, brown sausage, remove from skillet and drain well. In a large bowl, combine beef and sausage. Set aside.
In same skillet saute onions and bell pepper until tender. Drain and mix with meat mixture.
Combine next 9 dry ingredients and add to mixture. Mix well.
Add to meat mixture. Mix well.
Combine with 2 cups Ketchup. Set aside.
Prepare Joy’s Special Sauce:
Assemble indgredients, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Set aside.
Fill shells with beef-sausage mixture. Cover bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with sauce. Then arrange the stuffed pasta shells in the baking dish; pour sauce over shells.
Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses and crushed taco shells.
Return to oven and bake until cheeses are melted and Taco crumbs are browned. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Sure hope you enjoy this one dish meal as well as my guests do. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Serving Size: Makes 32 Shells