Farfalle With Tuna, Lemon And Swiss Chard
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 pkg whole wheat farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 3 tbsp Becel margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 can chunk light tuna, water packed, undrained
- 1/4 tsp each salt, ground black pepper and chili flakes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until tender; drain.
In large wide pot, melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) margarine over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add Swiss chard and cook while stirring until leaves wilt, about 3 minutes. Add tuna and stir until heated through. Add drained pasta, remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine) salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon rind, lemon juice, basil and Parmesan cheese; toss well to thoroughly coat.
Serve right away.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes - Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings