Roasted Root Vegetables
Contributed by: News Canada
Try a twist to traditional comfort food
(NC) - Everyone loves the smell of a savoury roast on a cold winter's night and what better way to enjoy this delicious meal than by adding some roasted root vegetables. Roasted vegetables are often cooked around the roast, but this simple recipe is cooked in a separate pan. Use any combination of root vegetables, whatever your favourites and enjoy the flavour of this sizzlin' marinade.
- 1 1/2 cups Renée's Gourmet Teriyaki Herb Sizzlin' Sauce
- 1 Large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 3 Large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, cut into chunks
- 8 Shallots, peeled (about 3 inches in diameter)
Place all prepared vegetables into a resealable plastic bag and add Teriyaki Herb sauce. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Place vegetables in a shallow, ovenproof pan, along with marinade.
Cover roasting pan and roast for 1 hour, or until vegetables are fork-tender.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings