Apple Plum Crisp
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant) 175 mL
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour 175 mL
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 175 mL
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 mL
- 1/2 cup butter 125 mL
- 4 large Ontario apples, peeled and sliced (such as Cortland, Crispin (Mutsu), Golden
Delicious, McIntosh, Northern Spy)
- 2 cups sliced pitted red plums 500 mL
- 1/3 cup brown sugar 75 mL
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg 2 mL
In large bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. With pastry blender cut
in butter until crumbly.
In large bowl combine apples and plums. In small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and
nutmeg; toss with apples and plums. Place apple/plum mixture in 12 cup (3 L) casserole. Sprinkle
topping over fruit mixture.
Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender
and crumble in golden brown.
Serving Size: 6 servings