Mediterranean Turkey Wrap
Contributed by: NAPSA
Healthy, Tasty And Easy-It's A Wrap!
(NAPSA) - With so many Americans on popular diets, serving one meal to please everyone at your table may seem impossible.
But relax-the answer has been in your fridge all along! Turkey is the perfect ingredient for most meal plans because it is high in protein, yet low in fat and cholesterol and is carbohydrate conscious. The experts at the Butterball(r) Turkey Talk-Line(tm) are offering tips for making nutritious, delicious meals that everyone can enjoy during the holidays and every day.
"Turkey is a main course that fits most people's diets because it's the perfect protein," says Mary Clingman, director of the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line. "And, it's easy to eat nutritiously with turkey because there are so many different ways to serve it. We share lots of great recipes and helpful tips on butterball.com."
One of Clingman's favorite ways to serve turkey is in a light and tasty wrap.
- 6 (8-inch) flour or flavored flour tortillas
- 1 container (6 ounces) prepared hummus
- 11/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 11/2 cups chopped cooked Butterball(r) Turkey or NEW Butterball(r) Turkey Strips
- 6 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 6 tablespoons sliced pitted kalamata or black olives
- 6 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons crumbled low-fat feta cheese
3 Simple Steps:
Spread a tortilla with 2 tablespoons hummus to within 1/4-inch of edge.
Cover with 1/4 cup spinach leaves, pressing lightly into spread. Top with 1/4 cup turkey and 1 tablespoon each cucumber, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese.
Roll up tortilla tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas. To serve, cut each wrap diagonally in half.
- Create new wraps by using a different spread, such as flavored cream cheese and changing the fresh vegetables and cheese.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings